Victim Services Information

Crime victim rights

24 hour crisis phone lines

DayOne Domestic Violence MN Shelters – Shelter for Domestic Violence victims 1-866-223-1111
Crisis Connection –24 hour access to a crisis counselor 612-379-6363
HCMC Psych Crisis Intervention –
24 hour support for those in emotional crisis
HCMC Suicide Hotline – 24 hour crisis counseling 612-873-2222
Sexual Violence Center Crisis Hotline – support for victims of sexual violence 612-871-5111
Hennepin County COPE/Adult Mental Health Crisis – mobile crisis team 612-596-1223
Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery – 24 hour access to a family counselor 763-591-0100
United Way First Call for Help – housing, food, health, legal, transportation 2-1-1
Veteran’s Assistance – help accessing services for veterans 651-282-4055
Minnesota Crime Victims Support Line – 24 hour support for victims of any crime 1-866-385-2699

Domestic Violence Information

For additional information, to get an Order for Protection, or to talk to a police investigator, prosecutor, or advocate

Assistance for Victims of Domestic Abuse

Police and Courts Information

Precinct General Phone Property Crimes
1st Precinct 612-673-5701  
2nd Precinct 612-673-5702 612-673-5712
3rd Precinct 612-673-5703 612-673-5713
4th Precinct 612-673-5704 612-673-5714
5th Precinct 612-673-5705 612-673-5715

Other Police Resources

Traffic Accident Investigations Haaf Ramp 300 S 5th St 612-673-2981
Criminal Investigations (Not Property Crimes) Room 108 City Hall 612-673-2941
Juvenile Investigations Room 21 B, City Hall 612-673-2921
Records & Information (copies of police reports) Room 31, City Hall 612-673-2961
Property & Evidence Unit (return of property) Room 33, City Hall 612-673-2932
Impound Lot (vehicle hold information) 51 Colfax Ave N 612-673-5777
Office of Police Conduct Review Room 239 City Hall 612-673-5500

Other Resources

Offender Release Information Hennepin County Jail 612-348-5112
Victim Assistance, felony cases Hennepin County Attorney 612-348-4003
Filing Criminal Charges Minneapolis City Attorney 612-673-300 or 311
Filing for an Order for Protection Domestic Abuse Service Ctr. 612-348-5073

Attention: For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact (add your information here including: department, contact person, phone and email). People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-673-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad
u baahantahay 612-673-3500.

Last updated May 31, 2019



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-263-6850.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Minneapolis 311       ©1997-2020 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo