When should I select:

Lost Property / No Crime

Use when property has disappeared and you’re pretty sure it was not stolen. If you think it could have been taken but you have no idea by who, you may enter the report yourself online.

For example, you discover your wallet is missing while at a Minneapolis park. You’re sure you had it when you arrived but notice it’s missing when you go to pay for a snack. You’ve retraced your steps and checked with Park staff, but could not locate it.

List the wallet and contents (cash, financial cards, driver’s license, etc) as separate items in the property forms.

If there is a chance the property was taken without your permission but you didn’t see anything suspicious and have no idea about who might have taken it, note that in the ‘Incident Details’ section of the report.

Don't use E-Report if ...

you or a witness have information about a suspect (a name or even just a physical description). When there are suspects involved, please contact Minneapolis 311 to report the incident by phone.

Last updated Sep 27, 2011



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo