Report a Crime or Incident

Submit an online police report to report incidents like theft, lost property, or damage to property.

Emergencies requiring immediate assistance

Call 911 to:

Call 311 for non-emergencies such as:

Tips for calling 911

Do not hang up.

TTY users.

Language translation is available.

What to tell the operator

If the situation changes before help arrives call 9-1-1 again and update the operator.

If you have problems with the operator or feel your call was handled inappropriately, ask to speak to the on-duty supervisor.

 How to use 911 (Brochures)

English             Spanish              Somali             Hmong             Russian

Last updated Apr 9, 2019



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Salary Compliance Notice:
State statute 471.701; Notice of Salary Compliance, requires that the City post for not less than 90 days
the job title of the three highest paid employees along with their base salary. For 2018 these were:
1. City Attorney, $186,490
2. Assistant City Coordinator Convention Center, $183,600
3. Director Public Works, $181,191


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo