Non-Moving Vehicle Violations

On Public Streets and Sidewalks

Report parking issues by calling Minneapolis 311 or use one of the forms linked below:

Report Parking Violations
A Traffic Control agent will be sent out to the location of the parking complaint and will either cite the vehicle in violation or find the vehicle not in violation of any City parking ordinance.

Report Abandoned Vehicles
A Traffic Control Agent will be sent out to determine whether the vehicle is in violation and chalk the vehicle’s tires, and then return in 72 hours to verify that the vehicle has not moved. If abandoned, the vehicle owner may be fined up to $100 and the vehicle will be towed. The vehicle owner will be responsible for applicable towing and impound fees.


On Private Property

Issues concerning abandoned autos or other parking problems on private property may be addressed to Housing & Fire Inspections.

Last updated Aug 20, 2018



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Salary Compliance Notice:
State statute 471.701; Notice of Salary Compliance, requires that the City post for not less than 90 days
the job title of the three highest paid employees along with their base salary. For 2018 these were:
1. City Attorney, $186,490
2. Assistant City Coordinator Convention Center, $183,600
3. Director Public Works, $181,191


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo