Reporting adult welfare issues
When you see an adult who seems to be in trouble you can reach out to help.
Adult in crisis
- If you feel comfortable approaching the person, talk with him or her, and offer assistance. If the person has family or friends you can contact them.
- You can call 911 ff you are afraid or unwilling to approach the person. A police officer will respond to check out the situation.
Too many animals
- Call Minneapolis Animal Control at 612-673-6222 for large numbers of animals causing a health hazard:
- Call: 911 for Emergencies (Animal Attacks)
- Call 311 (non-emergency issues)
- Hennepin County Adult Protection
- Veterans' Affairs Health Care System
- United Way 211 (651-291-0211)
- Minneapolis Health Department
Last updated Apr 9, 2019