Public Works Logo

Public Works
350 South 5th Street
RM 203 City Hall
Minneapolis, MN  55415-1390

To contact, call 311.

Applying for Stormwater Quantity Credits

What are the credits available for stormwater quantity management tools/practices?

Only those properties that can demonstrate the capacity to handle a 10-year or 100-year rain event can receive a stormwater quantity credit. To apply for a stormwater quantity credit, property owners must have their applications certified by a state licensed engineer or landscape architect.

Property owners can apply for either the "Standard Quantity Reduction Credit" or the "Additional Quantity Reduction Credit."

You can learn more about stormwater quantity management tools/practices from the Minnesota Stormwater Manual.

Want to apply for stormwater quality credits? Here’s the information you need:

Last updated Jul 3, 2018



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo