Public Works Logo

Public Works
350 South 5th Street
RM 203 City Hall
Minneapolis, MN  55415-1390

To contact, call 311.

Flood Zones in Minneapolis

Flood zones are mapped by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). FEMA designated flood zones are adjacent to streams or rivers where water can overflow its banks following heavy rainfall.

If your home is in a flood zone (also called a flood plain), your mortgage lender will require Flood Insurance.  Information about FEMA flood zone maps can be found at the FEMA Flood Map Service Center. Minneapolis Community Planning & Economic Development (CPED) also has these maps. For more information, call 311.

Flood Insurance is also recommended for other areas (not FEMA designated flood zones) that have been subject to past flooding.

Minneapolis Public Works maintains historical records regarding areas that have been impacted by past flooding, as reported by previous residents. Call (612) 673-2406 for more information.

Last updated Jan 25, 2017



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Minneapolis 14 Government TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo