Report Water Issues
Report the following issues online using the forms linked below and a customer service agent will address your concern.
Water Service Issues
Do you have a problem with your water service?
- For water emergencies such as a main break, call (612) 673-5600 24 hours a day / 365 days a year.
- For sewer emergencies, call (612) 673-5625 between 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. business days or (612) 673-5600 at all other times.
- This form is for reporting leaks, low pressure, or water outages.
- For billing issues or to have your service turned on or off, contact Utility Billing at (612) 673-1114.
- Service Level Goal: This issue may take 1 business day to resolve or complete.
- Resolution: If the problem can be resolved by telephonic advice, the issue is considered resolved. If the problem requires more investigation an appropriate work order (Water Main Break or Private Leak) is generated.
Water Quality Issues
Does your water have a strange taste or odor?
- The form linked above is for reporting problems with water quality like color, smell, or taste. Some water quality questions can be answered on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- For urgent requests, call (612) 673-5600. You can also call Minneapolis 311 to report water quality issues.
- Service Level Goal: This issue may take 3 business days to resolve or complete.
- Resolution: The City will review the relevant information and determine what course of action is needed, if any, is needed. Hydrant flushing and other corrective actions will be evaluated to determine the best solution for addressing the water quality problem.
About This Service
- Questions with an asterisk (*) are required.
- You must provide an email address.
- When you submit the form you will receive an email confirming your request.
- The email will have the case number and an expected completion date for your request.
Last updated Mar 12, 2019