Stay informed about Snow Emergencies
Knowing when a Snow Emergency is in effect is one of the best ways to avoid a ticket and tow in the winter. We recommend you sign up for two or more of the following Snow Emergency alerts to help you stay informed:
- Email and text alerts – When you sign up, a message will be sent to you once a Snow Emergency is declared.
- Phone call alerts – Sign up so your cell phone will get an automated call whenever a Snow Emergency is declared.
- Social media - We have Snow Emergency profiles on Facebook and Twitter. Just “like” or “follow” us and you will get Snow Emergency alerts right on your news feeds.
Parking Rules App
The new Minneapolis Snow Emergency app tells you where you can and can’t park on Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3 of a Snow Emergency to help you avoid a ticket and a tow. This app DOES NOT tell you if and when a Snow Emergency has been declared, but it’s easy to find out using the app since it features a quick call button that connects you with the Snow Emergency hotline.
Help spread the word
- Be a Plow Pal – There are some simple things you can do to help prevent friends, relatives and neighbors from getting their vehicles ticketed or towed during a Snow Emergency.
- Change your profile picture – If you have Facebook or Twitter, changing your profile picture when a Snow Emergency is declared can help alert your friends and followers. We have some profile pictures you can use.
- Non-English information – Do you know a driver who primarily speaks Spanish, Hmong, Somali, Oromo, Lao or Vietnamese? We have Snow Emergency information online to help them. Share the following links:
Last updated Nov. 27, 2012