City of Minneapolis 2015 Employee Community Supported Agriculture Pilot Project
Request for CSA Farm Interest
The City of Minneapolis is inviting CSA farms to communicate their interest in selling and distributing CSA shares to City of Minneapolis employees during a pilot program for the 2015 growing season. If interested, please provide responses to the criteria below. Please limit your response to no more than two pages. See FAQ for additional information.
CSA FARM SELECTION CRITERIA: Please specifically indicate if/how your farm will meet the following criteria.
Minimum CSA Farm Qualifications:
- Farm is able to deliver CSA boxes to specified space in the Public Service Center with no assistance required from City staff, during time period and day agreed upon with the City.
- Farm is willing to allow any unclaimed CSA boxes to be taken home by City staff each week.
- Farm is able to enroll City employees in CSA registration beginning March 26.
Preferred CSA Farm Qualifications:
- Farm is able to participate in a brief CSA “Meet and Greet” registration event at the Minneapolis City Hall rotunda from 11 am-1 pm on Thursday, March 26, 2015.
- Farm is located in Minneapolis and/or employing residents of Minneapolis in food production.
- Farm has been in business of providing CSA shares for at least two previous years.
- Farm offers a small share option and/or a share that costs less than $300.
- Farm utilizes sustainable and/or certified organic growing practices.
In addition to responding to the above criteria, please indicate what your minimum/maximum number of CSA participants would be.
Send completed interest form by noon on Friday, March 20, 2015 to Amy Friedman. E-mail is strongly preferred. [email protected]
Amy Friedman, Employee Benefits, City of Minneapolis, 250 S. 4th Street Minneapolis, MN 55415
We hope to notify selected farms by end of day on March 23. Sending promotional materials is not necessary and will not take the place of responses to criteria. CSA options for future years will be determined after 2015 pilot project is complete and evaluated.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many employees are participating?
The City of Minneapolis surveyed employees to gauge interest in participating in a CSA pilot program for 2015 and over 100 people indicated interest.
- Are there constraints or limitations to the beginning, end or length of the season?
- Where is the drop off site?
The drop-off site will be located in the Public Service Center, 250 South 4th Street 55415.
- How many farms will be chosen?
Up to three farms will be selected to provide CSA services.
- If invited, do I have to attend the Meet and Greet event?
It is strongly encouraged to have your farm represented at the Meet and Greet event with City employees as this is when they will likely select the farm they want to work with.
Additional questions may be submitted via email to [email protected] by 4:00pm on Monday, March 16th.
Last updated Mar 11, 2015