Homegrown Minneapolis Food Council
Statement of Vision
The Homegrown Minneapolis Food Council envisions a vibrant local food system that enhances the health of all residents, protects the earth, increases economic vitality, expands social connectedness, and improves food security.
Statement of Mission
To continue to advance Homegrown Minneapolis, the Homegrown Minneapolis Food Council works to support all Minneapolis residents and increase access to quality food, address hunger and food insecurity, connect sectors of the food system, influence policy and decision making, and ensure an environmentally sustainable and socially just food system. To accomplish this, the food council:
- fosters City-community partnerships;
- convenes and engages diverse stakeholders to identify and propose innovative solutions to improve the local food system;
- provides ongoing guidance to the City on local food issues; and
- serves as a platform for collaborative, coordinated action.
2012 Food Council Open House
In December 2012 the Homegrown Minneapolis Food Council hosted a community open house at the East Phillips Community and Cultural Center. The event was attended by over 180 local residents who discussed their ideas on activities of the Food Council.
Minneapolis Food Council Meeting Materials
Agendas, minutes, and other meeting materials are provided in PDF format.
- November 13: Agenda
- October 16: Agenda - Minutes
- September 18: Agenda - Minutes
- August 21: Agenda - Minutes
- July 17: Agenda - Minutes
- June 19: Agenda - Minutes
- May 15: Agenda - Minutes
- April 17: Agenda - Minutes
- March 20: Agenda - Minutes
- February 20: Agenda - Minutes
- January 16: Agenda - Minutes
Food Council Resources
Food Council Bylaws:
See more information on Food Council applications.
Food Council Materials: 2012
Last updated Dec. 4, 2013