Southside Green Zone Task Force
The City of Minneapolis Southside Green Zones Task Force was created by the City Council Resolution Designating Green Zones on April 28, 2017. The Task Force was charged with developing an action-oriented Work Plan specific to the Southside Green Zone, which includes the greater Phillips community and Cedar-Riverside neighborhood.
Draft Southside Green Zone Work Plan (July 2018):
- Equity, Anti-Displacement and Employment (Green Jobs) [PDF]
- Health and Energy in Housing [PDF]
- Air, Water and Soil Quality [PDF]
- Healthy Food Access [PDF]
Thursday, October 4, 2018
Phillips Community Center – South Meeting Room, 2323 11th Ave S | Minneapolis, MN 55404
Meeting Dates & Locations:
- September 6, 2018 | Phillips Community Center, 2323 11th Ave S | Notes
- August 23, 2018 | Hope Community, 611 E Franklin Ave | Notes
- August 16, 2018 | Little Earth Gym, 2501 Cedar Ave S
- August 9, 2018 | Little Earth Gym, 2501 Cedar Ave S | Agenda and Materials | Notes
- July 12, 2018 | Center for Changing Lives | Agenda | Meeting Notes
- June 19, 2018 | Urban Ventures, Colin Powell Center, 2924 4th Ave S | Agenda | Recommendation: 14 Priority Action Items
- May 15, 2018 | Urban Ventures, Colin Powell Center, 2924 4th Ave S | Meeting Notes
- April 17, 2018 | Urban Ventures, Colin Powell Center, 2924 4th Ave S | Meeting Notes
- April 3, 2018 | Abbott Northwestern, Education Building Room 105 | Attachment 1: Air, Water and Soil Quality Draft Work Plan - Attachment 2: Healthy Food Access Draft Work Plan - Attachment 3: Health & Energy in Housing Draft Work Plan
- March 20, 2018 | Open Arms of Minnesota, 2500 Bloomington Ave | Meeting Notes
- February 20, 2018 | Open Arms of Minnesota, 2500 Bloomington Ave | Meeting Notes
- January 23, 2018 | Open Arms of Minnesota, 2500 Bloomington Ave | Meeting Notes
- December 19, 2017 | Stewart Park, 2700 12th Ave S | Meeting Notes - Attachment 1: Resource Map Notes - Attachment 2: Resource Map - Attachment 3: Resource Map Key
- November 28, 2017 | Center for Changing Lives, 2400 Park Ave S | Meeting Notes - Attachment 1: Charge - Attachment 2: Group Norms - Attachment 3: CEED Presentation slides (PPT: 6MB) - Attachment 4: City Presentation slides - Attachment 5: Combined Green Zone Goals - Attachment 6: Proposed Meeting Objectives
- October 17, 2017 | Stewart Park, 2700 12th Ave S - Multipurpose Room | Meeting Notes - Attachment 1: CEED Presentation slides (PPT: 27MB)
16 seats available; 16 members appointed. See the list of Southside Green Zone Task Force members (PDF).
The Task Force uses the City’s open appointment process.
Term of appointment
From October 2017 through July 2018, a participant stipend of $500 (total) will be provided to community representatives that are not paid by the City for their expertise, time and attention on the Task Force. The stipends are made possible by a Partners for Places Equity Pilot Initiative grant.
Preferred, but exceptions can be made (notably for local cultural community and business representatives)
The Task Force will report to the City Coordinator’s Office of Sustainability and will deliver recommendations to the City Council’s Health, Environment and Community Engagement Committee. Email [email protected] or call 612-673-3014 for more information.
Last updated Sep 18, 2018