Southside Green Zone Task Force
The City of Minneapolis Southside Green Zones Task Force was created by the City Council Resolution Designating Green Zones on April 28, 2017. The Task Force will develop an action-oriented Work Plan specific to the Southside Green Zone, which includes the greater Phillips community and Cedar-Riverside neighborhood. The Work Plan should identify actions that promote health and economic well-being using environmentally-beneficial strategies.
The Task Force will meet on Tuesday evenings from 5:00PM to 8:00PM at least once per month from October 2017 through May 2018.
Meeting Dates & Locations:
- October 17, 2017 | Stewart Park, 2700 12th Ave S - Multipurpose Room | Meeting Notes
- November 28, 2017 | Center for Changing Lives, 2400 Park Ave S
- December 19, 2017 | Stewart Park, 2700 12th Ave S
- January 23, 2018 | Open Arms of Minnesota, 2500 Bloomington Ave
- February 20, 2018 | Open Arms of Minnesota, 2500 Bloomington Ave
- March 20, 2018 | Open Arms of Minnesota, 2500 Bloomington Ave
- April 17, 2018 | Urban Ventures, Colin Powell Center, 2924 4th Ave S
- May 15, 2018 | Urban Ventures, Colin Powell Center, 2924 4th Ave S
16 seats available; 15 members appointed. See the list of Southside Green Zone Task Force members (PDF).
The Task Force uses the City’s open appointment process.
Term of appointment
A participant stipend of at least $500 will be provided to community representatives that are not paid by the City for their expertise, time and attention on the Task Force. To be split into 2 payments. The stipends are made possible by a Partners for Places Equity Pilot Initiative grant.
Preferred, but exceptions can be made (notably for local cultural community and business representatives)
The Task Force will report to the City Coordinator’s Office of Sustainability and will deliver recommendations to the City Council’s Health, Environment and Community Engagement Committee. Email email@example.com or call 612-673-3014 for more information.
Last updated Nov 16, 2017