Minneapolis Utility Billing
Utility Billing provides billing services for the citizens of Minneapolis for their water, sewer, stormwater, solid waste and recycling services.
City of Minneapolis Utility Billing response to COVID-19
- Minneapolis will not turn off water service for any unpaid bills during the COVID-19 emergency.
- Meter replacement and in-home appointments have been suspended unless necessary to restore water service.
- Customer Service Representatives remain available by phone Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Call 612-673-1114 to speak to our representatives.
- The Customer Service Counter is closed to walk-in service at the Public Service Center, 250 4th St S, Room 200. Cash payments can be made at local retailers (CVS, Family Dollar, ACE Cash Express) with an EZ Payslip.
- We remain available to assist you through this emergency. You can contact us by email, phone and through your online account. All payment options remain available throughout the emergency.
Online Account Access
View and manage account information, sign up to receive paperless bills, make one time payments, or set up customer-managed recurring payments.
Retail Cash Payments Create your EZ-Payslip.
Utility Billing offers the option to pay your utility bill in cash at a participating neighborhood retailer. This service is convenient, saving you time and money as you no longer need to make a trip downtown between 8:00am and 4:00pm to make your payment... and it's a free service!
Sign Up for Automatic Bill Payment
The payments drafted through this process are manage by the Utility Billing office and can only be drafted from a checking or savings account. The payment can only be drafted on the date that the utility bill is due. Please continue to pay until the "Auto Payment" notification is made on your bill. For credit card automated payments, use Premium Online Account Access to set up recurring payments.
Learn About Charges on Your Statement
What do the charges mean? How are they calculated? Learn more about how you are billed for utility services.
View a Sample Bill
See at-a-glance information about what's on your utility bill.
Last updated Apr 9, 2020