Ward 1 has a vibrant collection of neighborhoods in Northeast and Southeast Minneapolis that have an eclectic mix of residential neighborhoods, parks, industrial areas and commercial districts. It is home to involved neighborhood groups, a thriving arts community, and a variety of small and large businesses.
The ten neighborhoods in Ward 1 include Audubon Park, Columbia Park, Como, Holland, Logan Park, Marshall Terrace, Mid-City Industrial, Northeast Park, Waite Park and Windom Park. See Ward 1 neighborhoods map and Ward 1 profile (pdf).
Distinguishing Features of the First Ward
- City's Highest Geographic Elevation
- Mississippi River
- Nation's Premier Arts District: Northeast Minneapolis Arts District
- Central Avenue
- NE Minneapolis Brewers & Distillers Association
- Columbia Park Golf Course
- Art-A-Whirl, Hotdish Revolution, Northeast Parade
- Edison High School Green Campus
- Hollywood Theater
- Firefighters Hall & Museum
- Mississippi Watershed Management Organization (MWMO) Headquarters
- MWMO Stormwater Park & Learning Center
- Northeast Public Library
- Historic Shoreham Yards Roundhouse
- City’s Best Snow Sledding Hill
To schedule an appointment with Kevin, email: [email protected].
Last updated Jan 4, 2018