Waite Park neighborhood, in the city’s northeast corner, is bound on the north by 37th Avenue Northeast, on the east by Stinson Boulevard, on the south by Saint Anthony Parkway and on the west by Central Avenue Northeast. The neighborhood is named for Edward Foote Waite, judge of the District Court of Hennepin County from 1911 to 1941.
In 1887, the city incorporated most of the land in the neighborhood. By that time the railroad had built a large repair facility, the Shoreham Yards. The facility is still in use, but the land it’s on is expected to be redeveloped. Waite Park is a mainly residential neighborhood.
- Cavell Park
- Deming Heights Park
- Norwegian Hill
- Waite Park
- St. Anthony Parkway
Waite Park Community Council
1810 34th Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
Jeffrey Martin, Board Chairperson
Email: [email protected]
Neighborhood Newsletter: Waite Park Voice
Neighborhood Celebrations: Waite Park Fall Festival
Last updated Sep 27, 2011