Welcome to Ward 8
Ward 8 is a vibrant and culturally diverse collection of communities located in the south central area of Minneapolis. Neighborhoods touched by or within the ward include Central, Bryant, Bancroft, Field, Regina, Northrop, Lyndale, and Kingfield. Residents are active and involved in their neighborhood associations, block clubs, schools and parks. See the Ward 8 Profile (pdf).
The Eighth Ward is bordered on the north by Lake Street, home to a variety of small thriving businesses, and at its furthest south touches Minnehaha Creek. Institutions serving community within the Eighth Ward include Pillsbury House + Theatre, Sabathani Community Center, Tubman Family Crisis & Support Services, the Aliveness Project, the Chicago Avenue Fire Arts Center, Southside Community Health Services, many congregations and faith-based organizations, and local businesses also promote community gathering and neighborhood connections.
- Deebaa Sirdar, 8th Ward Senior Policy Aide
- Zoe Bourgerie, 8th Ward Junior Policy Aide
Ward 8 Public Institutions
- Public Library: Hosmer Public Library
- Parks: Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Park, Painter Park, Phelps Recreation Center (programmed by the Boys & Girls Club)
- Public Schools: Bancroft Elementary School, Field Elementary School, Lyndale Community School.
- Minneapolis Public Housing: Charles Horn Towers
Ward 8 Business Associations
- The Lake Street Council
- 38 and Chicago Business Association
- South Chicago Avenue Business Alliance: 48 and Chicago
- Lyndale Neighborhood Business Association
- Nicollet East Harriet Business Association: Experience Southwest
- West of the Rail Business Association
Last updated Oct 19, 2018