Last updated on November 10, 2021
Timeline for changes to City government
On Election Day, City Question 1 - Government Structure was approved by voters.
The ballot question needed at least 51% Yes votes in order to pass.
The City Canvassing Board must certify the election results to make them official.
- The City Council serves as the City Canvassing Board.
- The board will meet on Nov. 12 at 10 a.m. to certify the results.
Charter Amendment No. 184 - Government Structure becomes legally effective.
New terms begin
The newly-elected Mayor and Council Members will be sworn into office.
- The Mayor begins four-year term (2022-2025).
- All Council Members begin two-year terms due to redistricting (2022-2023).
Inauguration and organizational meeting
We inaugurate newly-elected officials at a public ceremony.
City Council holds an organizational meeting to:
- Elect leadership
- Define new committees
- Assign committee chairs and vice-chairs