Become a Public Works Service Worker I Trainee
Complete the physical agility test
To move forward in the process
You must pass each assigned section of the physical agility test.
We’ll contact you by email to schedule a time for you to take the physical and agility test.
After you've passed
- We'll add you to a list of eligible candidates
- We'll move you forward in the process
Participate in an interview
We'll email selected candidates an invitation for a job interview.
You will need to pass the following tests before we make a final job offer:
- Practical exam
- Background check
- Pre-employment tests (drug & alcohol test, medical exam)
If you move forward in the process, the second part of your interview may be a divisional practical.
You may need to complete a practical for jobs in the following divisions:
- Solid Waste & Recycling - This is an abbreviated road rest in a sanitation vehicle.
- Surface Waters & Sewers - This is a tunnel tour in confined underground spaces.
- Transportation Maintenance & Repair - Bridge - This involves being hoisted in a person-carrying bucket in a bucket truck. This test involves heights.
Complete background checks and pre-employment tests
After the job interview
We’ll make conditional job offers to select candidates.
If you accept a conditional job offer, you're required to complete:
- A background check
- Drug & Alcohol screening
- Medical exam (DOT physical)
If your background check and pre-employment test results meet our employment criteria, we will make a final job offer.