17th Ave. NE & Northeast River Ridge area
In this ongoing street maintenance program, we replace the top layer of asphalt pavement to extend the life of a street between larger reconstructions. The new pavement should last about 10 years.
There will be some other work done before resurfacing these streets:
- A minor amount of concrete curb and gutter replacement
- Some private utility work under the street
Following this work, we will resurface both of the streets.
- Early May 2021: Resurface River Ridge area
- Mid-May 2021: Replace concrete curb and gutter on 17th Ave. NE.
- Mid- to late-May: Resurface 17th Ave. NE.
Both streets will have short-term closures to through traffic and detours during construction.
This project is in the construction phase. Construction is complete in the River Ridge area. Asphalt milling and overlay are scheduled to begin on June 15, 2021 on 17th Ave. NE.