Property or evidence
If the police have your property, here's what you must provide to get your items back:
- Case number and valid state ID
For help finding your case number, contact us.
- Property release authorization
To check the release status, call the officer responsible for the case.
Where and how to pick up items
- Pick up items in person during public service hours at the Property and Evidence Unit.
- You can give someone else permission to pick up your property. They must show staff a notarized letter with your permission.
- We can mail some items, such as checks, to you after verification.
For guns, see Reclaim your gun.