What you need
To start water service, you need:
- A deed, closing disclosure or settlement agreement to show you own the property, or
- A copy of your lease to prove you are renting the property
Timeline and process
- It takes at least three business days to transfer the property's water billing to your name.
- You need to complete the Application for New Water Service form
- There is no charge to you, as long as the water has not been turned off.
- If the water has been turned off, there is a $53 fee to turn it back on.