Community Planning & Economic Development
Upper Harbor Terminal Concept Plan Approved and Community Committee Applications are Open
On March 1, the Minneapolis City Council and Mayor Frey approved an amended Concept Plan for redeveloping the 48-acre Upper Harbor Terminal site along the riverfront in North Minneapolis. The first phase will include affordable housing, mixed-use development, riverfront parkland and an outdoor music performance venue. View the approved Concept Plan, as amended.
Applications Now Open for City’s and Park Board’s Community Committees:
To prepare for the next phase of planning, both the City of Minneapolis and Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) are establishing community committees that will be actively involved in planning:
The City’s newly established 15-member Community Planning and Engagement Committee (CPEC) will work with the project team on community engagement, refinement of the Phase 1 plan and visions for future development phases. Applications for appointment to serve on the CPEC close April 14, 2019.
The MPRB’s Community Advisory Committee (CAC) will work concurrently with the MPRB on the park-related component of the UHT planning, including aspects of the infrastructure and private developments that impact the adjacent park areas. Applications for appointment to serve on the CAC close April 14, 2019.
Latest News from CPED
- 2019 Teen Job and Opportunity Fair
- Nominations Sought for 2019 Minneapolis Preservation Awards, 1/17/19 (PDF)
- City of Minneapolis Receives Gold Award of Excellence in Economic Development from the International Economic Development Council, 10/25/18 (PDF)
- Discover Minneapolis Manufacturing! Tour H&B Elevators and Unison Comfort Technologies, 10/1/2018 (PDF)
- Discover a New Career at the Northside Community Job and Resource Fair, 9/14/18 (PDF)
- Energy Business Technical Assistance Program (E-TAP) Offers Small Businesses Energy Cost-Saving Resources, 9/13/18 (PDF)
Last updated Mar 11, 2019