Community Planning & Economic Development
Business Profile: Adobe DeSigns
Adobe DeSigns Staff
After years of working under managers and craving more autonomy, Vivian Guerra and Lisa Owen were inspired to start their own business. With complementary backgrounds (Vivian bringing over 15 years of project management and construction experience and Lisa bringing financial management and community development expertise), the two make ideal business partners. So, they opened Adobe DeSigns in June 2014, a company that designs, installs and fabricates turnkey signage, architectural films, and printing services.
In just three years, Adobe DeSigns has amassed an impressive portfolio of work, creating signage for locations including the U.S. Bank Stadium, CHS Field, the Duluth Transit Authority, and Hennepin County Facility Services. They expanded operations in 2015 and moved to a bigger location, hired more staff, and acquired additional equipment with the assistance of the Neighborhood Development Center (NDC) through the Business Technical Assistance Program (B-TAP). They were also awarded NDC’s New Business of the Year Award in 2016. Both Native American women (Vivian is Tigua Pueblo of the Ysleta Del Sur and Lisa is Flandreau Santee Dakota), Vivian and Lisa say their ultimate goal as small business owners is to motivate more people of color and women to achieve success.
Latest News from CPED
- City of Minneapolis Announces Fifth Consecutive Year of More Than $1 Billion in Approved Construction, 1/6/17 (pdf)
- City of Minneapolis is Seeking Interest in Reuse of 1112 and 1200 Plymouth Avenue North, 1/4/17 (pdf)
- City of Minneapolis is Seeking Development Proposals for 695 and 699 Lowry Avenue NE in Minneapolis, 12/16/16 (pdf)
- City of Minneapolis STEP-UP Youth Employment Program Now Accepting Applications for 2017 Summer Internship Placements, 12/6/16 (pdf)
- City of Minneapolis is Seeking Request for Proposals for Parcels Located Near Van White Memorial Boulevard and 2nd Avenue N in North Minneapolis, 11/16/16 (pdf)
Last updated Jan 20, 2017