Community Planning & Economic Development
Business Profile: NewPublica
NewPublica Co-Founders Melisa Franzen and Alberto Monserrate in their Uptown Office (2909 Bryant Ave S)
NewPublica is a full-service public relations and communications agency founded in July 2014 by Alberto Monserrate and Melisa Franzen. Proudly Latino-owned, NewPublica focuses on new and underserved audiences. Their services include mainstream and ethnic media relations, community relations in audiences of color, media development, event planning, and graphic design.
Although NewPublica works with all types of businesses, they specialize in work for clients with civic motivations. They’ve worked with local nonprofits and organizations including Comunidades Latinas En Servicios (CLUES), The Minneapolis Foundation, and the Latino Economic Development Center. In addition, NewPublica has provided marketing support for a range of City programs including the Business Technical Assistance Program (B-TAP), the Co-Op Technical Assistance Program (C-TAP), and the Minority and Women Owned Businesses Opportunity Fair.While NewPublica is happy remaining a small but tight-knit agency of 12 employees, they predict they will experience a natural growth and have plans to begin working with international clients..
Latest News from CPED
- City of Minneapolis is Seeking Request for Proposals for Parcels Located Near Van White Memorial Boulevard and 2nd Avenue N in North Minneapolis, 11/16/16 (pdf)
- Over 100 Expected to Attend Second Annual IT Career and Training Expo, 11/14/16 (pdf)
- City of Minneapolis is Seeking Request for Proposals for Commercial Property at 4146 Fremont Avenue North, 11/10/2016 (pdf)
- City of Minneapolis is Seeking Requests for Proposals for Northeast Corner of Penn-Lowry in North Minneapolis, 11/2/2016 (pdf)
- City of Minneapolis and Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board Receive One Submission for Master Developer of Upper Harbor Terminal Phase 1 Redevelopment, 10/17/16 (pdf)
Last updated Nov 17, 2016