Sheridan Neighborhood Small Area Plan
Welcome to the project page for the Sheridan Neighborhood Small Area Plan! Thank you for taking the time to visit us and help us complete the best plan possible.
Since there are many different ways to contribute to your community, people will be able to vision the future of their neighborhood in one or more of the following ways:
- Complete an online survey to help plan the future of Sheridan Neighborhood!
- Attend a town hall meeting. The next open house is scheduled for July 29, 2013, 6:30 p.m. at East Side Neighborhood Services, 1700 2nd Street NE. See the open house flyer for more information.
- Send photos of your favorite parts of Sheridan (or parts of other neighborhoods that you would like to see in Sheridan) via text to (763) 231-4863 or email email@example.com.
- Find a community chalkboard and write on it!
- Participate in one of several community conversations with members of the community.
- Attend a steering committee meeting.
The Sheridan Neighborhood Organization (SNO) has spent many months discussing the need to conduct a planning process for the future of the neighborhood. In January, SNO put out request for proposals for the completion of a small area plan that would cast a vision for the future of their neighborhood (with specific focus on 13th Avenue and Marshall Street), would be incorporated into the City of Minneapolis’ Comprehensive Plan, and would guide future funding decisions for SNO. The neighborhood organization has retained the services of a consultant team led by WSB & Associates, which includes a team dedicated to holistic and creative community engagement.
Haila Maze, AICP, Principal City Planner
Minneapolis Department of Community Planning & Economic Development Planning Division
105 5th Avenue South, Room 200, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Phone: (612) 673-2098; Fax: (612) 673-2728
Last updated Jul. 9, 2013