Cultural Engagement Team
The NCR cultural community engagement team builds connections with communities where cultural norms or practices, language or disabilities limit knowledge and access to government.
One of the largest barriers to participation can be through language. NCR staff work to remove those barriers through the City's 2015 Language Access Plan. The department has community specialists that speak Spanish, Somali and Hmong. Find a community specialist on NCR's staff page.
Communities served by the cultural community engagement team in Minneapolis include:
- Update on municipal ID development (6/22/18)
- Meet the Director of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs (6/18/18)
- East African Business Forum (6/26/18)
- Update on DACA ruling (4/25/18)
- NCR & American Indian community leaders present a fresh of the American Indian MOU to City Council (7/8)
- NCR staff attend national conference on immigration (1/6)
- NCR employee participates in panel discussion at the American Swedish Institute (9/10)
- NCR and MPD team up to host a Public Safety Career Fair on the city's North Side (7/29)
- NCR employee receives prestigious award from Mexican government (6/15)
- City officials and community members prepare for the month of Ramadan (6/10)
- Community engagement in action (5/15)
- Minneapolis pledges a new relationship with the Hmong community (11/14)
Minneapolis Language Lines
Spanish Line: (612) 673-2700
Somali Line: (612) 673-3500
Hmong Line: (612) 673-2800
American Sign Language Line: (612) 673-3220
TTY Line: (612) 673-2157
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department at 612-673-3737. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Nov 7, 2018