Pedestrian Advisory Committee Members
The Pedestrian Advisory Committee is comprised of 15 voting members who reside or own a business in the City and who have an interest in promoting walking and improving the pedestrian environment in Minneapolis. The voting membership as a whole is expected to represent the following perspectives on pedestrian issues:
- distinct pedestrian user groups, such as people with disabilities, senior citizens, parents or people who work with children, and transit riders;
- caretakers of the pedestrian environment, such as property owners, neighborhood groups, business owners, and business associations;
- people with relevant technical expertise, such as traffic safety, urban design, and public health;
- people representing diverse social, cultural and economic groups in the City; and
- people representing distinct geographic areas of the City, including at least one member from each of the five sectors of the City (Downtown, East, North, South, and Southwest), as defined in this map.
The Committee also includes non-voting members from City Departments and partner agencies with an interest in and impact on pedestrian issues to provide expertise on pedestrian issues and to serve as a liaison between the Committee and City departments and partner agencies.
Voting members are appointed by the City Council through the open appointments process for two-year terms. Eight voting members are appointed in odd years, and seven voting members are appointed in even years; terms begin on July 1. For more information or to apply to serve on this committee, visit the Boards & Commissions website. Applications may be submitted at any time and will be kept on file for 12 months.
Greta Alquist, Chair
Neal Baxter, Secretary
Julia Tabbut, Vice-Chair
Sierra Saunders, Hennepin County
Mike Mechtenberg, Metro Transit
Heidi Schallberg, Metropolitan Council
Lindsey Wallace, Minneapolis City Council
Rattana Sengsoulichanh, Minneapolis Community Planning and Economic Development Department
Sarah Stewart, Minneapolis Department Health and Family Support
VACANT, Minneapolis Police Department
Mackenzie Turner Bargen, Minnesota Department of Transportation
Deborah Bartels, Minneapolis Parks and Recreation
Julie Danzl, Minneapolis Public Schools
Steve Sanders, University of Minnesota
Matthew Dyrdahl, Minneapolis Public Works Department
Kelsey Fogt, Kelsey.firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated January 26, 2017.
Last updated Jan 26, 2017