34th Ave. S. reconstruction
The City will reconstruct the entire right of way.
- Fully removing the existing street
- Correcting the soil
- Visual improvements and work on utilities.
We'll install new
- Pavement and pavement markings
- Traffic signals and signage
The stretch from 51st St. E. to 58th St. E. was completed in 2019.
Construction for the stretch from E. Minnehaha Pkwy. to 51st St. E. is planned for 2020.
- In 2021, the City is completing concrete street rehabilitation on 34th Ave S in South Minneapolis.
- We'll plant trees in 2021.
Expect the following temporary traffic impacts:
- Lane restrictions
- Intersection reductions
- Parking restrictions
- Revised pedestrian and bicycle routes
Residents, businesses and visitors may experience:
- Dust in work areas
You’ll be able to access property throughout construction.
This project is currently in progress.