Do not bag your recycling
Place recycling loose in your blue recycling cart. If you collect recycling in plastic or paper bags in your home, please empty the bags into the cart. This helps with sorting.
Paper and plastic bags
Paper bags can go in your recycling cart. Plastic bags should go in the garbage or be brought to a plastic bag drop-off location.
Large carts – No more than 200 pounds
Medium carts – No more than 150 pounds
- Your recycling may be picked up anytime between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. on your collection day.
- Make sure it's ready for pickup by 6 a.m.
- The City determines your collection day, and it cannot be changed.
If you have curbside pickup, you must move your carts away from the curb line by 7 a.m. the day after collection. Carts must be stored behind the front line of your property on non-collection days.
- Please call our office after 3:30 p.m. on your pickup day or within 24 hours of your pickup day to report a miss.
- Missed pickups reported by email may not be received in time to send the crew back before your next pickup day.
- If your cart was not out when the crew was at your house, we will not send the crew back.
Street address numbers
If you have a public alley, your street address must be visible in the back of your property by City ordinance. If your street address cannot be readily seen by collection crews, we'll install easily visible numbers and add a fee to your utility bill.