- Do not bag your recycling – Place recycling loose in your blue recycling cart. If you collect recycling in plastic or paper bags in your home, please empty the bags into the cart. This helps with sorting.
- Paper and plastic bags - Paper bags can go in your recycling cart. Plastic bags should go in the garbage or be brought to a plastic bag drop-off location.
- Weight limits:
- Large carts – No more than 200 pounds
- Medium carts – No more than 150 pounds
- Pickup time – Your recycling may be picked up anytime between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. on your collection day. Make sure it's ready for pickup by 6 a.m. The City determines your collection day, and it cannot be changed.
Please call our office after 3:30 p.m. on your pickup day or within 24 hours of your pickup day to report a miss. Missed pickups reported by email may not be received in time to send the crew back before your next pickup day.
If your cart was not out when the crew was at your house, we will not send the crew back.
Street address numbers
If you have a public alley, your street address must be visible in the back of your property by City ordinance. If your street address cannot be readily seen by collection crews, we'll install easily visible numbers and add a fee to your utility bill.