- Meter rates, time limits and other restrictions vary across the city. They might even be different from one side of the street to the other.
- Every meter has this information posted at the space. Make sure to read it.
- Snow emergencies and street sweeping override the use of parking meters. Stay informed.
- Event rates may apply during events at:
- U.S. Bank Stadium
- TCF Bank Stadium
- Target Field
- Minneapolis Convention Center
Parking meter map
It's easy to pay with a debit or credit card (American Express, Visa or MasterCard).
You can still pay with coins, but U.S. quarters and dollar coins only.
Do not use pennies, nickels or dimes — they will not add time to the meter.
There are 6 easy steps to parking at a meter:
- Park at a meter marked with a space number.
- Look at the time limit, hours enforced and any other restrictions and make sure to follow them.
- Note the space number.
- Find the nearest pay station (or use the mobile app).
- Follow the prompts to make your payment and print your receipt.
- Keep your receipt — it shows your space number and the time it will expire.
MPLS Parking app
Metered spaces are free on City holidays
Note that we do not operate all metered spaces in the city.
Always read the information posted at the meter. Some private entities operate their own meters and may have a different holiday schedule.
- Minneapolis Parks & Recreation
- The University of Minnesota
- Some private entities, like hospitals
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (third Monday in January)
- President's Day (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Indigenous Peoples Day (second Monday in October)
- Veterans Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (last Thursday in November)
- Day after Thanksgiving (last Friday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Address33 Ninth St. N.Room 100Minneapolis, MN 55403
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday