Getting a pet license
- All dogs and cats over four months old must be licensed and wear a collar with the license tags.
- All ferrets must be licensed.
- Before you apply for a pet license:
- Your pet must be up to date with its rabies vaccination.
- You must pay any unpaid fines.
How to apply
Applying for a pet license is easy. You can apply:
- By mail
- In person at our shelter
What to bring:
- If you come to our shelter to get a license, please leave your pet at home.
- All you need to bring is a photo ID and proof of current rabies vaccination for your animal.
Licensing saves pet lives
- The information on your pet's license tag helps us know where they live.
- Nearly 100% of pets with license tags are returned home.
- You can help lost animals by displaying a lawn sign to promote our licensing program. Pick up a free sign during our normal business hours at our shelter.