If you find a friendly animal
- If it seems safe to approach, you can look for a collar and ID tags. If you find a phone number on a pet's tags, you can contact the owner and let them know you found their pet.
- If you can't find tags or are not comfortable looking, bring the animal to our shelter. We will:
- Check for tags
- Scan for a microchip
- Work to reunite the animal with its owners
- If you cannot hold onto the animal while looking for its owner, contact 311.
If you find an unfriendly or unsafe animal
If the animal does not seem safe to approach, contact 311 and make a report.
If an animal is sick or injured
- If you find an injured or sick animal, contact 311 and we will respond.
- If the owner is present, it's their responsibility to get treatment for their pet.
- If the owner is unable or unwilling to do this, they can give us ownership of the animal.