Noise from barking dogs or other pets can be a nuisance. Sometimes it's against the law. You can report barking dogs to 311, but only if the barking has not been provoked. City employees cannot report dog barking or other animal noise violations.
You must provide the information below. We will keep it private, but it can be released by a court order:
- Your name and address*
- The exact address of the barking dog, including the unit number if it's a multi-unit building
- Date(s) and time(s) of the barking
*Caller information is governed by the Minnesota Data Practices statute.
We'll respond by sending an Animal Control Officer.
- The officer will attempt to verify a violation.
- If it is determined the animal is disturbing the peace, a $200 citation may be issued.
- Repeat violations may result in increased fines, up to $2,000.