Large item collection
What to know
As part of your City garbage collection, crews will take up to two large items each week.
- Large items must be out by 6 a.m. on your pickup day.
- Attach a note to each item that says "For Solid Waste." If items are not marked, we may not collect them.
Items for your garbage day
Items we'll take
- Wood tables
- Plastic items
- Wood or upholstered furniture
- Couch (not a hide-a-bed or recliner)
- Must be less than six feet in length
- Hide-a-beds and recliners are accepted on recycling week only.
- Household items
- Rolls must be under five feet long, less than 12 inches in diameter, and must weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Roll and tie the carpet securely with rope, twine or tape. Do not use wire.
Non-recyclable large items are put directly into the garbage truck.
Items for your recycling day
If large items have recyclable parts, set them out on your recycling day.
- Crews will note these items on your recycling day and put a “We’ll be back” sticker on them.
- We'll come back the next business day to pick them up.
- Our large item collection crews are currently behind schedule. Please leave your items at the curb or alley line until they are picked up.
- Once back at our facility, these items will be properly recycled.
Items we'll take
- Air conditioners
- Freezers and refrigerators (you must remove the doors)
- Washing machines
- Computer monitors
- Accessories (speakers, keyboard, mice)
Hide-a-bed couches and recliners
- Box springs
Waterlogged mattresses are not recyclable: To avoid rain and snow, do not put mattresses out until the morning of your recycling pickup. Or tell tell us ahead of time and we'll let the crews know. The collection crew will still take the mattress if it is waterlogged, but it will not be recycled.
- Aluminum doors
- Basketball hoops (remove all concrete)
- Filing cabinets
- Swing sets
- Poles (must be under 6 feet and free of concrete)
- Small metal items such as pots, pans, hangers and nails (place in a box and set full boxes next to your cart)
- Box of small metal items can not weigh more than 40 pounds.