Large item collection
What to know
As part of your City garbage collection, crews will take up to two large items each week.
- Large items must be out by 6 a.m. on your pickup day.
- Attach a note to each item that says "For Solid Waste." If items are not marked, we may not collect them.
Items for your garbage day
Items we'll take
- Wood tables
- Plastic items
- Wood or upholstered furniture
- Couch (not a hide-a-bed or recliner)
- Must be less than six feet in length
- Household items
- Rolls must be under five feet long, less than 12 inches in diameter, and must weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Roll and tie the carpet securely with rope, twine or tape. Do not use wire.
- Limit two rolls per week.
Non-recyclable large items are put directly into the garbage truck.
Items for your recycling day
If large items have recyclable parts, set them out on your recycling day.
- Crews will note these items on your recycling day and put a “We’ll be back” sticker on them.
- We'll come back the next business day to pick them up.
- Our large item collection crews are currently behind schedule. Please leave your items at the curb or alley line until they are picked up.
- Once back at our facility, these items will be properly recycled.
Items we'll take
- Air conditioners
- Freezers and refrigerators (you must remove the doors)
- Washing machines
- Computer monitors
- Accessories (speakers, keyboard, mice)
Hide-a-bed couches and recliners
- Box springs
Waterlogged mattresses are not recyclable: To avoid rain and snow, do not put mattresses out until the morning of your recycling pickup. Or tell tell us ahead of time and we'll let the crews know.
- Aluminum doors
- Basketball hoops (remove all concrete)
- Filing cabinets
- Swing sets
- Poles (must be under 6 feet and free of concrete)
- Small metal items such as pots, pans, hangers and nails (place in a box and set full boxes next to your cart)
- Box of small metal items can not weigh more than 40 pounds.