Snow emergency updates
Ways to stay up to date
Stay up to date
There are many ways to find out if the City declares a snow emergency.
Snow emergency alerts
We recommend signing up for at least two types of alerts.
Types of alerts
- Email and text alerts
- Choose "Email" or "SMS/Text Message" from the "Subscription Type" drop-down menu. You can sign up for both by submitting the form twice.
- Automated phone call
- Visit sign up for news and alerts
- Click "Update Your Phone Information" and scroll down to the red Swift911 portal.
How alerts work
- When we declare a snow emergency, we send an e-mail, text message or automated phone call to those who sign up for alerts.
- We cannot guarantee that you'll receive a message, so it's important to check our website or call the snow emergency hotline whenever snow falls and you think a snow emergency is likely.
- You must follow snow emergency parking rules, even if you do not receive a snow emergency alert.
Snow emergency app
With the Minneapolis snow emergency rules app, it's easy to:
- Know when a snow emergency is in effect.
- Look up parking rules.
- Stay up to date through social media, email, text and more.
Snow emergency app guide
If you need help installing the app or are having issues with the app:
Snow emergency hotline
Call 612-348-SNOW (7669) to find out if a snow emergency has been declared and hear the parking rules.
Spanish, Somali and Hmong languages are available on the hotline. TTY callers can use the MN Relay Service or call the TTY number.