16th Ave. N Near North
Safe Routes to School projects
The goals of this project include:
- Improve safety for the most vulnerable users of the street
- Connect three schools and three parks
- Address safety on a documented crash concentration corridor
- Fulfill City goals for
- Complete Streets
- Vision Zero
- All ages and abilities bikeways
- transportation equity measures
Reported crashes by travel mode on 16th Ave N from Queen Ave N to Aldrich Ave N (2011-2015).
|Travel mode||Reported crashes||% of crashes with injuries|
Source: Minneapolis crash location system
Fall 2020 - Spring 2021
- Preliminary (first) design
- Engagement of the project
Summer 2021 - Winter 2022
We expect to complete the final design of the project.
We expect to construct the project in 2022.
Weekly stakeholder meeting
Join us at the Near North SRTS weekly stakeholder meeting to get an overview of the upcoming construction work. We will hold the meetings throughout reconstruction.
Every Friday at 1:00 p.m. starting July 15.
via Microsoft Teams
Help with Microsoft Teams
Anyone can join a Microsoft Teams web meeting. A free software download may be required. The type of download may vary based on how you join the meeting (computer, android device, apple device).
Sign up for project updates
Sign up to get alerts about this project. You'll need to provide your email address.
This project is in progress.