We hold public auctions on the first Thursday of each month at the Impound Lot.
- 8 a.m. – Registration begins
- 9 a.m. – Inspection begins
- 10:30 a.m. – Auction begins
Friedrichs Auctions handles the City's vehicle auctions. Friedrichs Auctions is solely responsible for the accuracy and appropriateness of the information on its website.
- You must be at least 18 years old to attend.
- Only people with bidding numbers ($5, nonrefundable) will be allowed in.
- There's a minimum bid of $10 unless otherwise specified.
- You must pay for the vehicle in full at the auction.
Accepted forms of payment
You can pay with cash, preapproved business checks, American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
Vehicles sold at auction do not have license plates. Twenty-one-day permits (temporary registration) are available at the Impound Lot at no charge. You'll need one before you can drive the vehicle out of the lot.
Upon vehicle sale, the customer will receive a receipt and a “notarized” Bill of Sale. On the back of the Bill of Sale is a vehicle safety checklist. You must complete the checklist before arriving at Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS). With this paperwork, you can apply for a title and new license plates.
Driver and Vehicle Services requires salvaged or rebuilt vehicles to be inspected. The nearest inspection station is in St. Paul.