Legislative Support and Administration
The Legislative Support and Administration division:
- Provides secretariat services for the Council and its standing committees
- Collaborates with departments to prepare, review and submit agenda items
- Helps committee chairs complete agendas and plan meetings
- Communicates all meeting results by publishing notices
- Drafts reports and official acts considered by the full City Council
- Manages the codification of local laws and public policies
LIMS is our database for preparing, reviewing and submitting City Council items. Our goal is to maximize public access to and transparency of Council information.
Find legislative information, meeting calendars, agendas, minutes and video.
The City Charter is the constitution governing the City government. The Charter structures the government through powers given to the City by our residents.
The Code of Ordinances is the collection of laws, regulations and policies that govern the City of Minneapolis.