Emergency pet fostering application
Before you begin
We want to make sure that all pets in our city are well cared for at all times. Sometimes our animal shelters get full due to:
- Severe weather
- Public health emergency, e.g., Covid-19
- Other emergencies
When that happens, we rely on our residents to provide short-term emergency foster care.
What it means to foster a pet
You agree to:
- Pick up the pet and its supplies. We will not deliver the pet to you.
- Take a pet into your home for at least four weeks.
- Keep your foster pet separate from other pets in your home.
We will provide all the supplies you need to care for your foster pet.
How to apply to foster a pet
- Complete the application.
- If we need you to foster a pet, we will contact you. Please do not contact us about the status of your application.
- If we contact you about fostering a pet, we will ask you to:
- Complete a phone interview.
- Complete paperwork.
- Take a training session before you are fully approved.
Minneapolis Animal Care & Control
AddressAnimal Care & Control
212 17th Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Currently by appointment only Monday through Friday. Please call to make an appointment.
7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday
Closed on City holidays