Minneapolis security camera registration
How the camera registry program works
When a crime happens, the camera registry program helps us quickly locate the nearest cameras.
If you choose to register your camera:
- We will contact you to ask for video if we need it for our investigation.
- We can't access your camera. We simply know where your camera is, which is helpful if a crime happens nearby.
- Registration is free and does not require any hardware or a subscription.
- You set up a personal password-protected profile. You can sign on and edit or delete your information at any time.
Who can see my camera information
Only authorized users can access the information:
- We don't have direct access to your cameras. We will only use the registry to contact you to request footage if there's a crime in your area.
- Your data is classified as protected nonpublic data. The information can’t be disclosed in a public data request.