The Adopt-a-Median program is a partnership between the following Public Works Divisions:
- Solid Waste & Recycling
Who can adopt a median
- Block clubs
Adopters must improve the appearance of a median by
- Installing and maintaining plantings
- Provide general cleaning and litter pickup
By participating in this program, you agree to
- Adopt the entire median or other area.
- Agree to maintain it during all seasons.
- Provide a plan on what will be placed in the area, including plantings, mulch, groundcover or landscaping materials.
- Provide and install, at your own cost, any plantings and other materials and provide for ongoing upkeep. Please be aware that the City uses sodium chloride for winter ice control.
- Clean the area at least four times per year, including litter cleanup and removal of dead plants and leaves.
- Dispose of all waste vegetation, materials and litter.
Public Works reserves the right to
- Not allow anything that may interfere with the safe passage of traffic.
- Require removal of unkempt or abandoned installations.
Adopter must agree to all terms and conditions, safety guidelines and Waivers.